Combating Identity Theft
Identity theft is a growing problem. We work very hard at protecting personal information for you, such as account numbers, social security numbers, address, etc. Here are some precautions you can take as well.
- Do not give out personal financial information, especially your social security number, on the phone unless you initiated the call and you know who you are talking to.
- Report lost or stolen checks or debit card immediately.
- Review new deliveries of checks and credit cards immediately.
- Store new and cancelled checks in a safe place.
- Do not give out your ATM PIN to anyone.
- Make sure you properly dispose of financial information including financial solicitations that arrive in the mail by shredding or tearing them up.
- Study your bills carefully and question any suspicious charges immediately.
- Periodically check your credit report. For a small fee you can attain a copy of your credit report at any time.
Together we can help head off identity theft and account fraud before they happen.