Except as specifically described, the following disclosures apply to all of the accounts. All accounts described in this Truth-in-Savings Disclosure are share accounts.
- Rate information. The Annual Percentage Yield is a percentage rate that reflects the total amount of dividends to be paid on an account based on the dividend rate and frequency of compounding for an annual period. For Regular Share, Christmas Share, Special Share and IRA Share accounts, the Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Yield may change quarterly as determined by the Credit Union’s Board of Directors. The Dividend Rates and Annual Percentage Yields are the prospective rates and yields that the Credit Union anticipates paying for the applicable dividend period.
- Nature of Dividends. Dividends are paid from current income and available earnings after required transfers to reserves at the end of the dividend period.
- Dividend Compounding and Crediting. The compounding and crediting of dividends and dividend period applicable to each account are set forth in the Rate Schedule. The Dividend Period is the period of time at the end of which an account earns dividend credit. The Dividend Period begins on the first calendar day of the period and ends on the last calendar day of the period.
- Accrual of Dividends. For Regular Share, Christmas Share, Special Share and IRA Share accounts, dividends will begin to accrue on noncash deposits (e.g. checks) on the business day you make the deposit to your account. For Regular Share, Christmas Share, Special Share and IRA Share accounts, if you close your account before accrued dividends are credited, accrued dividends will not be paid.
- Balance information. The minimum balance requirements applicable to each account are set forth in the Rate Schedule. For Regular Share and Special Share accounts, there is a minimum average daily balance required to obtain the Annual Percentage Yield for the dividend period. If the minimum average daily balance is not met, you will not earn the stated Annual Percentage Yield. For Regular Share, Christmas Share, Special Share and IRA Share accounts using an Average Daily Balance method, dividends are calculated by applying a periodic rate to the average daily balance in the account for the period. The average daily balance is determined by adding the full amount of principal in the account for each day of the period and dividing that figure by the number of days in the period.
- Account Limitations. For Christmas Share accounts, six (6) withdrawals per year are allowed, after which a fee will be imposed. For IRA Share accounts, when you open an IRA account at the Credit Union you are not charged an administration fee. But, if you withdraw the funds before the age of 59 1/2 for any reason other than disability, a fee will be imposed. A fee will also be imposed when an IRA account is closed for any reason except normal distribution. For Regular Share, Special Share and Automatic Payment Transfer accounts, no account limitations apply.